Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Of the world and its people..!!



This is a new kind of post that I'm going to do from now on. Since a very long time, people have always intrigued me. And I'm sure I've intrigued others too..:)

I have this habit of looking at people and trying to think what they must be thinking, why they do what they do...Some of them I've been able to understand, some of them I couldn't....The people that I'm going to write about are the ones I haven't been able to understand...


She was an employee in our office. I think she was around 35-37 years of age. I am bad at guessing ages so not very sure about that. She had come to our floor twice to teach yoga for 15 minutes. It was a stress buster yoga that we could practice in our cubicles. We named her Sunitha Didi, I don’t exactly remember her real name, I never felt the need to know.

But she intrigued me. Today I randomly remembered her so thought of writing it down. Someday I might think of her and smile.

She looked like a typical social worker who goes out to the villages and teaches the village kids. That’s why we had named her Sunitha Didi. She had a funny way of dressing. She wore a collared T-shirt with lose pants that looked like track pants and wore sports shoes. She always smiled at people who passed her. I don’t know if that’s her nature or because she almost knew everyone in the office. She was very thin and maybe that’s the reason why her pants were loose. Or maybe she liked it that way.

It was Independence Day and we had a theme to wear dresses that had any of the 3 colors of the Indian Flag. Being a person who loved to dress up and also someone who loved colors, I was dressed up in an orange T-shirt and Green pants. My nail polish also had orange and green on alternate fingers. I was strictly following the tri-color theme.

I had a stomach cramp and had fainted in office. A wheel chair was brought to take me to the cab so that I could be taken to a hospital. While being carried to the wheel chair I had regained my consciousness but was unable to walk because of the cramps. People had gathered around to see what had happened to me.

Then Sunitha Didi arrives at the spot. “Wow, what a different way of putting nail polish. Orange and Green, nice”. She says and walks off.....


I wonder what she was thinking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment