Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sexy Daal

Yes, that's the name of the yummy-licious Dal that I make...One of my close friend after tasting my Dal named it so... And every time he says that, my short nose just gets longer by an inch... :)

Don't really remember when I first started making it but nevertheless, I can bet the taste is unbeatable.. I'm okay to take challenges whoever says that they can make a better Daal than me.. :P

I'm not selfish when it comes to sharing so I would definitely give out the recipe.. No claps for this..!!!

What makes the Dal that I make "sexy" is the correct proportion of every ingredient. If you follow the steps below, you can definitely make your Dal sexy too... that's my promise...So, here I go...

  • First take a handful of "Masoor Dal" (my favorite, I hardly eat any other kind of Dal) in a pressure cooker and wash it 2-3 times. After draining the water, add of a cup fresh water (or more depending on the thickness that you want).
  • Cut onions, green chillies and tomatoes and add them to the Dal and the water. Add salt, turmeric powder and a little bit of Garam Masala.
  • Add 2 tea spoons of cooking oil (mustard or sunflower oil) and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
  • Let it cook till the pressure cooker "whistles" 3 times.
  • Take it off the gas stove and put aside
Frying:
  • Crush fresh garlic cloves (after peeling off the skin) by using a pestle. A sufficient amount of garlic is needed for "the sexy taste"...
  • Chop onions, green chillies keep aside with the crushed garlic cloves. Chop tomatoes also and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when the oil is hot. After the mustard seeds splutter add zeera (cumin seeds) and kaala zeera.
  • Add the chopped onions, chillies and crushed garlic to the oil.
  • Fry till golden brown and then add sliced tomatoes and cook for some more time.
  • After the tomatoes have cooked add some more garam masala or any other masala you would like to add.
  • Pour the boiled Dal into this fried mixture.
  • Cook for 10 minutes and add freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with white rice.
P.S- The main ingredients that make the Dal yummy is garlic and coriander leaves. You can never go wrong if you follow the above steps... :) So, try it and let me know how your Dal turned out.. and...was it SEXY???




3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I like your blog. Some of your posts make me feel u are a lot like me. I am from bangalore too. you can catch my blog on ashtrash.wordpress.com. Let me know what you think - Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashwini.. M glad you liked my blog.. I checked out your blog too.. I must say, you are way better than me.. :) Your writing is just too good.. Keep up the good work.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Cecilia. Thanks girl, I am a writer by profession actually, rather a copywriter in advertising industry. But glad you liked it. :) However I am kinda new to Bangalore and would love to know about some great places for bargainable shopping here if you know. I simply love fashion- clothes, shoes, accessories, make up; books, cooking; just about anything for girls! Do let me know if u can help me. (indianavril@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete