Thursday, July 26, 2012

Look great at an affordable price..!! Me in Sari



I'm not much of a Sari person although I like wearing it once in while when I attend weddings. Weddings are a place to show off your Indian side, I tell you... :) 


These days buying a beautiful sari can cost you a lot. And then you need to get the blouse stitched, buy bangles, earrings, necklaces and what not. You can end up blowing up money when you decide to wear a sari...


I had to attend a friends wedding last year and I almost forgot that I had to wear something Indian. When I realised it, I was in my home town Tripura and though you do get saris there, I was not sure if I will get the perfect one. But then I hit the Jackpot..!!!  I strolled through Hawker's Corner Market in Agartala and found a pretty sari in green...and it just cost me 800rs.. A good bargain I must say.. A similar sari would have cost me a fortune here in Bangalore.. This is what I wore to my friends wedding...






P.S - I cannot guarantee that you will always find pretty sarees in Agartala but you can definitely try your luck..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment