Friday, August 24, 2012

House arrest

"North East people's Exodus from Bangalore"..... is what was flashed in the news for the whole of last week...People from all over the NE were seen fleeing from Bangalore...reason..? Apparently, some Muslims threatened people from NE to leave Bangalore....If not, they would be attacked after Ramzan...

And the result of this... ???

Confusion, fear, anxiety......and my HOUSE ARREST....

Since I hailed from the North Eastern state of Tripura, I was advised by my friends, colleagues and parents not to leave the house for at least 2 to 3 days after Eid...What?? Impossible?? I despise being at home and that too, for 2-3 days? I will go mad...

But my manager had called me and my team mate and asked us to "work from home" for as long as a week keeping the current situation in mind...Wow, that is nice but not being able to go out was objectionable... Though working from home can be fun (as I mentioned in my previous post), it can get very boring if you are not able to go out....this was same as a HOUSE ARREST...grrrr...

At just the end of 2 days, I gave up and returned to work the 3rd day...

I'm glad it was over...I'm glad the situation has improved and the rumors have sufficed....I know not much about what was the real cause of this situation but all I want to ask is -Are Indians so lame as to be influenced by caste, creed and place of birth? And it's your country. You can chose where to live and not run away when someone chases you.... You should be able to stand upright and say "This is my country and it's my right to live wherever I want to...."

No comments:

Post a Comment