Friday, August 10, 2012

I don't want to Grow Up..!!


When we were kids, we always wanted to grow up and now as adults, we don't want to grow up...I'm at my almost-late twenties and for me, age is just a number and it does not relate in any way to my maturity level.. I'm not ashamed to admit it...

I always wish I had never grown up. I hate when people keep telling me "grow up" when I talk something or do something insensitive (according to them). Why can't people stop bothering me and let me do things that they would have never stopped me from doing had I been a little kid...

While I am writing this, my phone just beeps and I get a forwarded message from a friend. This is what it says:

3 stupid stages of life:
Teenage - you have time and energy but no money
Adults - you have the money and energy but no time
Old age - you have time and money but no energy to perform...!!

I think this is what they call Irony of life...

Growing up makes me sad and depressed. You always have to think before you do anything, say anything. You are expected to behave in a certain way.. It makes me sick inside...

I miss my childhood days when my biggest tension was that my little sister's dress shouldn't be prettier than mine and how to hide my short pants from my brother so that he doesn't wear it. Yes, my bossy elder brother used to end up wearing me and my sister's shorts which mum used to get for us..I hated it...

The biggest fear that I had when I was a kid was when someone tells me "I will tell your mum" whenever I did something naughty...Apart from that, I had no fear, no worries...

And now things are different, you go to attend family functions or any other social functions, all they ask you is "what are you planning to do in life?" "when will you get married?".... "excuse me, can you please let me live the way I want to?" I always wished I could answer back...

Someone rightly said "At childhood we cry loudly to GET what we like...But, when we grow up we cry silently to Forget what we like. That's life....."

But whether you like it or not, all of us have to grow up... we have no choice.. it's all a part of life...

But here's to all the people who wish to be young forever... "Growing old is inevitable but Growing Up is optional.... !!!! Cheers...




2 comments:

  1. loved all ur blogs... n ove u as well..keep posting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thnx... I wil try to keep my posts more interesting..

    ReplyDelete