Friday, August 24, 2012

The weird things that I like

The WEIRDO that I am, I like weird things...Since I was a kid, I've liked things which others don't.. done things I was asked NOT to do...and NOT done things that I was ASKED to...that's ME...!!!

I love the smell of PETROL and I'm sure I'm not the only one but it's WEIRD....!!! Every time I'm in a petrol station I ask the guys there to put a drop of it on my finger while they are filling the petrol in the bikes (cars excluded) so that I can smell it... I have stopped doing it these days, don't want to embarrass my friends...

I love the smell of new books... I remember when I was in school and every time the new books were distributed, I would smell the books of almost everyone in the class.....This is one of the reasons I MISS SCHOOL more...

I love the smell of KEROSENE....when we grew up in the village and used the Kerosene Lanterns, I liked smelling the fumes coming out of it... :) I don't know why mum applied kerosene whenever we had sprains. I once sprained my hands and mum had applied kerosene on it. I placed my hand near my nose and had a good sleep...

I love the smell of the smoke coming out from an auto rickshaw during the earlier days. Nowadays they use LPG for running autos and I therefore, haven't smelled that "old auto-rickshaw smoke days" for long...I used to run behind the autos as a child to smell the smoke......

I love the smell of PAINT....if there is anything that's being painted, you will find me standing there and smelling it...!!!

I love the smell of a MARKER pen. Every time I have to use it while I'm in office especially the Glass board markers, I end up being INTOXICATED each time...

I love the smell of a NAIL POLISH.. every time I apply it, I smell my nails...!!!

So, what am I smelling today....??? Nail Polish..It's weekend and it's time to change my Nail Colour.... :)

2 comments:

  1. A common thread in all of these is that all of them contain petrochemicals. Smelling them is not good for your health as they kill you brain cells (very very few at a time) and could be cancerous as well. Nothing to freak out about but be careful.

    PS: Thanks for posting those Tripuri dress pictures in the wikipedia page for Tripura. I wish someone would post similar pictures for the 'Tripuri people' page. It's good to learn about far-flung states of India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the concern but as I'm not so addicted to the petrochemicals it's okay. As they say "too much of anything is bad" but i hope my little addiction is not so much but thanks anyways.. :) Take care

    ReplyDelete