Sunday, August 12, 2012

Street Shopping in Bangalore- Dubai Plaza, Bangalore

I'm a shopaholic, I'm sure you know by now, but my wallet doesn't allow me to spend extravagantly. But at the end of the day, I have to look stylish.. after all, who doesn't want to look stylish??

But surviving in Bangalore when you are a shopaholic is not easy. Unlike other cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata where you can street shop and you get good bargains, you will hardly find any cheap stuffs especially clothes in Bangalore... So, I find myself frequenting this particular place in Brigade Road called as Dubai Plaza. It's not a street shop but you can definitely get stylish clothes at "street prices". It's a small complex set up by the Tibetan people and you will find loads of exported clothes at a reasonable price.

When I suggested this place to some of my friends, honestly they didn't find anything good there and I'm talking of friends who know nothing about fashion (no offense, depends on one's own idea of fashion) Let me warn you that "anything stylish means you need to go through some pain". The pain I'm talking about here is "patience" which is a virtue rather than a pain. The shops are stuffy, the complex lacks AC, no ventilation, clothes stacked up, you will end up sweating a lot while you hop from one shop to the other but trust me, hard work always pays....

You can get the best and the stylish of clothes if you search with patience. The clothes, flipons, converse, wallets, accessories, bags, umbrellas that you find here, you will not find anywhere else in Bangalore (at least for that price). You can also get good quality and well fitted jeans in this place. Now, there's a similar type of complex that has been opened in Koramangala, near Jyothi Nivas college. This one is less stuffy and some shops are air-conditioned too..

Another bad thing about this place is that the Tibetan shop keepers are not so bargain-friendly. So don't try bargaining here, the stuffs are cheap anyways. You will find good stuffs (after a lot of searching of course) at a very reasonable price.

One more reason I love this place is because I once saw this very pretty dress online (on some Korean website) but I couldn't order it as they charged a bomb for delivering it to India. And as luck would have it, I saw the exact dress at Dubai Plaza. I did not waste a second to grabbbb it..!!!

As I mentioned before, this place stocks some really good bags, according to the latest trends and are quite affordable and they have a wide range of selection too..



If you love to keep yourself stylish and still keep your finance under control, then this place is definitely worth a visit...!!!

21 comments:

  1. Awesome...Thanks for the blog......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton, Cecilia! :) The Hubby and I recently shifted to Bangalore from Delhi, and I miss the amazing bargains from Sarojini and Janpath. I'm glad I now know at least ONE place where I can find cheap deals, thanks to your blog :) Please post about other thrift shopping destinations around, if you know any. We live in JP Nagar and it would be great if there is something nearby.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure is all mine.. :) Since you said you are in JP Nagar you can visit the Tibetan Plaza near Jyothi Nivas College, Koramangala. But the deals these days are not so good, the prices have shot up lately but you do find good stuff and at least cheaper than all the branded clothes.. :) Good luck and Happy shopping.. :)

      Delete
    2. damn cute!!!!
      thnxx 4 the info.
      can i get baggy harem/sweat pants over there??

      Delete
    3. You better go check the place..You wouldn't know unless you go check it out..:)

      Delete
  3. Nice information about street shopping in bangalore. Sop more and save more on wide range of products at https://www.facebook.com/totalsuperstore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Cecilia...I am new to Bangalore and was wondering where to go for shopping...Thanks for the suggestion...I have been there today and I absolutely loved it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot. can u plz let me know if i can get thongs/lingerie there in dubai plaza ? if not where can i get it in cheaper rates/ non branded undergarments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shamita, you're welcome. Yes you do get nice and reasonable lingeries in Dubai Plaza. Check out the ones in Koramangala Tibet Mall as well. You will thank me for this. You get awesome stuff there. Good luck lingerie hunting.. :)

      Delete
  6. Will I get stylish blazers ,warm wears and all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you will..provided you are not in the "plus size" category which I'm sure you're not..Wink..;)

      Delete
  7. can i buy stuff online

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey..unfortunately you can not buy these stuffs online..but if you are in bangalore you can just visit the place..:)

      Delete
  8. Hey..nice blog..I'm a student n new to Bangalore..n so m on a budget :p cn u pls Temne some cheap affordable salon/parlor where I can get the following done : hair highlights,haircut,threading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks..Yea ya student life is always on a tight budget, tell me about it.. By the way where in bangalore do you stay? Accordingly I can suggest you..:)

      Delete
  9. Heya ! A piece of essential info here . thank you for that! Well , have you shopped at Tibetan Plaza , Church street? How are the stuffs there?

    Also , give me a few tips and do suggest good shops in Commercial Street! ( for indian and western wear) I tend to get lost there and end up getting not-so-great stuffs. Please? :) Thank You in Advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and I forgot to click on the Notify Me , thats why this comment again . Don't mind :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chaitra..Yes I have shopped in Tibetan Plaza in Church Street. If you're lucky, you might find good stuffs there but I've had no luck.. :) The shopkeepers there are men from Bangalore itself and you can well guess their style sense..:) I'd suggest you to check out the Tibet Mall near Jyothi Nivas College. They really have an awesome collection.

    As for Indian wear, I'm not much into it but when I do have to pick up some kurtis, I do so from Max or Lifestyle.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cecilia,

    Thanks for the info! I just arrived Bangalore yesterday and the airline missed my bagagge. Can you please recommend me a place to shop cheap fashianable cothes near to Zuri hote? Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but at that side of the city, you won't find a lot of shopping places except for the branded ones. Just visit the MG. Road side and you can find a lot of options.

      Delete