Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My desire list: Mallu sari

August 2012. 

Just recently, one of my class mates from college called me up and announced that she is getting married. Yes, to the same guy that she was dating in college. Both are from "God's own country"- Kerala. She said that the marriage would take place in Kerala and I was super excited. 

Even after being in Bangalore for more than 7 years, I have never been to Kerala. Yeah, sad I know but it just never happened. I always wanted to spend a day or 2 at the boat houses in Kerala. When I was in a relationship, me and my boy had planned it a couple of times but it never materialised. Now, since I'm single I don't see it happening.. .. Maybe, I can plan a honey moon trip later.. :)

Now, the BIG question is, what do I wear for the wedding????? Mallu Sari I decided......

I have never worn a Mallu sari before so I'm thinking of wearing it this time. The wedding is in November (still long way to go) but I already have a faint image in my mind as to how I want to look....Not to forget, I also would want to wear the white flowers on my hair (gajra)...

But the sad part is that I have just had a hair cut which turned out to be so short that I hardly have any hair at the back side... I wanted to have the Rihanna hair cut and the parlour lady screwed it all up and I had to almost have a boy cut on the back side to get it fixed...ewwwww..now my hair looks like that of Rihanna in the front but if u see me from the back, you will think that I am a guy.. :P

So, I'm just praying that my hair grows long very fast... So that I can wear the Kajras.. Ooops, I meant gajras (the song kajra re kajra re was playing in the background while I'm writing this)....God, I need a miracle...!!!! I need that perfect traditional "mallu" look and I need my hair long...I should have listened to my sister when she asked me not to chop off my hair....But, I am me...I only do what I feel like doing...

Anyways, this is roughly how I want to look... (I googled the image)






I have decided that I'm going to wear a green blouse and green bangles. The lady in the picture here at the left (Nayanthara) isn't wearing the white flowers but I would love to include the white flowers (if my hair miraculously grows long by then)....

Something like this.........


I shall keep you all posted about my look in November.. till then Tadddaaaaa...!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment