Monday, August 6, 2012

Why does it happen with me??

I don't hate rains, really... But after my recent bad (maybe worst) encounter, I have a Grrrrrr...aaarrghhh feeling towards the rains.. .Read on and you'll know why...

It was my birthday and I had kept a party to celebrate my turning 27 (yes, I'm in my late 20's now). The party was to start 6pm on wards on a Saturday evening. I know 6pm to start a party is too early but thanks to my owner, he had sworn that he'd throw us out if we make too much of noise the next time we party. Not his fault actually, the last month we had partied on my sister's birthday, the noise was so intense that he'd almost thrown us out......So this time we had no option but to choose to keep the volumes low bearing in mind not to compromise on the fun part....

But this is not about the party....it's about what happened before it...

Both me and my sister had woken up early so that we finish all the household chores and  save some time so that we (me actually) could go to the beauty parlour so that I could set my hair. Yes, blame my short hair that I got done recently. After I come out from a bath, my hair looks as if I'd had an electric shock... so I knew if I don't get it set at the parlour, it would be a disaster.

So after working hard rigorously, I finally managed to finish the cooking, cleaning, bath and I just had an hour before my party was to start...I rushed to the parlour and what do I see?? Hell lot of people who had been there before me and who was waiting to be served... Gosh..I remember last time I'd been here, I had to wait 2 hours to get a hair cut done. 

This time was no different. I had to wait at least an hour before I could finally get someone to serve me. I didn't want to take risk by going to another parlour, I had to look good and I knew this place would make it worth the wait...!!!

So, my hair was all set and it looked just the way I wanted it to look. But I did lose out a lot of time there. As soon as I was done, I hurried out as if I had a train to catch and why not?? I was already late....

I come out of the parlour and what do I see?? Damn..it started raining..and damn, I was not carrying my umbrella. I'm the kind of person whom you would never find without an umbrella considering the unpredictable weather in Bangalore.. But in a hurry, I forgot to carry it.. Damn, the rain drops had started falling on my "set" hair... I felt like crying...I could hear myself saying out loud shit, shit, shit, shit....Damn, Damn, Damn...!!!

I could not find any shelter near by and I also didn't have the time to wait till the rain stopped. I was getting late already... 

When you don't need an auto, you will find them hovering around you and when you need, you won't find any..Same with any thing in life.. You won't find when you most need it... Irony...

2-3 autos did pass by but it was occupied, the rain drops started getting bigger...I needed an auto urgently.. At that moment, finding an auto was like finding an ambulance for me.. It was that crucial.. I couldn't let my "set" hair die.. due to the stupid rain.. 

And then..I see an empty auto advancing towards my side.. Phew.. without saying a word, I hopped in. "40rs madam", the auto guy shouts back. My place was not even a km away from the place... I fumed with anger and I told him that it's not even a km away and I would pay him only 20rs which was the basic fare. "No madam, give 40rs or get down", he shouted back at me... I argued for some time but when he turned back and shouted at me, I got really scared. He was a dark well built middle aged guy and sounded cruel. I timidly agreed to pay him whatever and just wanted to reach home as fast I possibly could.. Bloody hell.. I abused him... Just not with my mouth..!!!

All's well that ends well.. my hair managed to look okay after a few drops of rain on my hair..I had to set it a little bit but nevertheless, the party was awesoooome.. after a few sips of Vodka, who cares about the hair or how you look?? All that counts is FUN...!!! All that matters is FUN...!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment